Mediation: A Cooperative Approach To Family Law Matters
Family law cases – especially divorce – are emotional. Going through the process of divorce or dealing with contentious family law situations can naturally come with the potential for heightened conflict at every turn. In his decades of experience, divorce attorney Glen L. Rabenn has seen it all when it comes to divorce and family law. As one of the first certified family law attorneys in the state of California, he has witnessed, over and over again, how a calm and compassionate lawyer can facilitate compromise and mitigate drama and conflict. The mediation process allows and encourages compromise and a peaceful settlement of your relationship. At the Family Law Offices of Glen L. Rabenn, mediation has become his preferred method for helping clients throughout Orange County and beyond as they navigate through divorce and family law matters.
The Benefits Of Divorce And Family Law Mediation
Filing for divorce in California starts a lengthy process of hearings, discovery, potential motions and, if the issues can’t be resolved, a trial. The longer it takes to settle the differences between the parties, the higher the costs and attorney fees will be. Choosing mediation brings benefits on many levels, including:
- Timely solutions: Mediation happens within the parties’ time frame, not on the court’s schedule.
- Cost-effective: A quicker resolution means fewer costs and attorney fees.
- Creative solutions: When both parties work together, they can come up with creative ideas that work best for both of them.
- Durable results: Parties are more likely to follow the agreements they’ve reached if and when they’ve had a say in how they are structured.
- Privacy: When parties work through the mediation process, they have added privacy, and the proceedings are not part of a public record.
- Less conflict: A peaceful process in which the parties are encouraged to work together minimizes tension and conflict.
There usually aren’t clear “winners” and “losers” in a divorce. But when parties work together to negotiate their settlement in a cooperative environment, the divorce process doesn’t have to be quite so terrible. The mediation process offers step-by-step creative resolutions that the parties negotiate together.
In Mediation, Experience Matters
With 50 years of experience serving clients in all aspects of family law matters and divorce, Mr. Rabenn has handled every combination of issues that could potentially arise in a divorce matter. He has the advantage of hindsight with numerous scenarios that afford him the benefit of knowing what will work and what won’t. He knows and thoroughly understands the mediation process, especially with divorce mediation. He guides his clients through mediation with compassion and concern for their well-being.
Considering Mediation? Call Today.
If you are considering a divorce and want to pursue mediation as a method to resolve your differences, or if your divorce is already heading toward mediation, call the Family Law Offices of Glen L. Rabenn today at 866-996-3890 or send an email through the online form to schedule an initial consultation. Mr. Rabenn offers you the extensive experience and insight that you can trust.